50 Great Family Ideas To Make The Most Of Your SG50 National Day Long Weekend
The SG50 National Day Weekend is around the corner and here at Kip McGrath, we’re taking a break from all the studying to share with you 50 top ideas for your family to try over the long weekend.
It is after all a great opportunity to destress and take a much needed break for yourself and the family from studies and work.
The ideas are not meant to be specific, exhaustive nor mutually exclusive. Our advise is to mix and match as you deem fit.
So without further ado, let’s begin.
1. Live the island life for a day at Lazarus Island.
2. Get a close up view of the fireworks from the city centre.
There are numerous spots around the city centre especially the Singapore Promenade area.
3. Take a walk along rustic Tiong Bahru Estate.
Tiong Bahru Estate is filled with numerous rustic charms. It’s architecture is sure to bring you back through the ages.
4. Go fishing.
There are multiple spots around Singapore to go fishing at. For example, there is the Bedok Jetty at East Coast Park. Alternatively, Pasir Ris offers a good location for beginners too.
6. Work those muscles at the gym.
When was the last time you and your family headed over to the gym for a refreshing workout?
7. Learn about Singapore’s stamp history at Singapore Philatelic Museum.
Once upon a time before the internet, stamps used to be how people communicated long distances.
8. Combine your intellect and solve a jigsaw puzzle.
9. Go for a picnic.
Make sure you check the weather forecast for the day!
10. Say hi to the animals at the Singapore Zoo.
We hear there are discounts as much as 50% off for the month of August at our multi-award winning zoo.
11. Cook as a family.
Better still, take turns cooking meals for each other.
12. Immerse yourself in a story book. Or two.
Read as a family. Note: Public libraries in Singapore are closed on 7 August and 9 August 2015.
You can even swim with the dolphins!
15. Head down for a firefighting exhibition.
Ever wondered how our firefighters fight fire? Check out their open houses every Saturday 9am to 11am.
16. Open up the family photo album.
Gather round as a family and reminisce on the good old days.
17. Get your adrenaline pumping at GMax Reverse Bungy.
Located at Clarke Quay, this one is not for the faint hearted.
18. Pretend to be Sherlock Holmes at these escape rooms.
19. Challenge yourselves to the Battlestar Gallactica at Universal Studios.
21. Go swimming at a public pool complete with slides.
Laze around in the Lazy River and chill out in the Wave Pool at these locations.
22. Go on a height element obstacle.
23. Fly kites.
Relive being a child with your children. Certain convenience stores especially near beaches sell kites.
24. Build sandcastle monuments.
Build them higher this time round.
25. Order in with Food Panda.
This food delivery app ensures you get a wider range of choices to eat right without having to leave your house.
26. Enjoy scenic and panoramic views.
Pinnacle @ Duxton
29. Go for a scenic jog.
Some scenic suggestions are Punggol Park, Promenade , Mac Rtichie Reservoir, East Coast Park and the Southern Ridges Trail.
35. Get prata.
A favourite for breakfast for many. Try out the different varieties like Prata Bomb and Cheese Egg Prata. Or how about mixing and matching your own ingredients.
36. Play some sports.
Tennis. Soccer. Ping Pong. Badminton. The list goes on.
37. Rediscover Science at the Singapore Science Centre.
38. Cultivate the Picasso-s in you.
Relive your art lessons back in primary school with your kids.
39. Touch a starfish and feed fishes at Underwaterworld Singapore.
You can even swim with dolphins!
40. Immerse yourself in nature at Pulau Ubin.
41. Check out the exhibits at Singapore Discovery Centre.
42. Play with cats and dogs.
43. Go on an eye-opening trip to the newly opened Lee Kong Chian Natural History Museum.
44. Rent a cycling buggy and “drive” around.
The buggy sits between 4-6 people and is found at East Coast Park.
45. Pitch a tent and go camping for the night.
Apply for a permit at an AXS machine or click here.
46. Go on a staycation.
The choices are limitless. A chalet, a bungalow, or a hotel stay. Or how about giving AirBnB a try.
D’Resort, Singapore’s first nature-inspired resort with an integrated water park experience is located in Pasir Ris.
Various locations around Singapore.
49. Check out toys at the Mint Museum of Toys.
50. Watch the National Day Parade.
Kip McGrath Singapore wishes all Singaporeans a Happy National Day! Have a great weekend!